Changers launches a mobile app that rewards sustainable transportation
Changers, the Berlin-based startup that's on a mission to reduce CO2, has launched Changers CO2 fit. The big idea: motivate people to choose sustainable transportation options.
Here's how it works:
- Just start the app before each trip by bike, public transport, or car. Changers tracks your progress and calculates your CO2 savings/emissions for that trip.
- If you saved CO2, you are rewarded with Recoins – the Changers digital currency.
- If you emitted CO2 (for example by driving your car), your CO2 emissions are also calculated.
- You can offset that negative CO2 balance by using the Recoins you earned by biking and using public transit, or to buy CO2 offset certificates.
- To make it fun, users can earn awards and badges, and can compete with other users, locally and globally.
Maybe it could be a good New Year's resolution: get fit, get paid in a green currency, and take a bite out of climate change!
Good luck to the Changers team and especially Daniela and Markus — 2015 will be a great year for them.
UPDATE: 2015 got off to a good start for Changers: TechCrunch picked up the news here.
I'm looking forward to working with the Changers team in 2015 — it will be a great year for them!